Advanced Precision

Xappan

It came to me the other day as a shock that this is not common knowledge, so I decided to make a guide. This is not a big thing in any way, shape or form, but helpful in building.

What is advanced precision? Basically advanced precision lets you do something to an entire contraption (props welded together). You can move them in union, weld them in union. It'll become clearer at the end of the guide.

First the obvious: How do you know if you have the normal precision or the advanced one? Thing is you have both. The advanced precision is not a different tool, but an option inside the tool, that is hidden on the server. Anyhow if you have the normal precision on the server it should look like this: https://i.imgur.com/RrPsvJz.jpg

Notice how it ends at "No Collide Targets". If this is the case what you have to do is disconnect from the server and boot up a singleplayer game. Once in search for precision. (It probably won't be in the same spot as on the server, for example in my picture is quite at the top).

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PRECISION IN SINGLE PLAYER YOU ARE NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE TOOL IN THE WORKSHOP!

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=hungarian&id=104482086 (To all Gods I hope it won't be in hungarian for you, if it is I apologize)

Once you have the precision tool, it should look like this: https://i.imgur.com/vKFjbA4.jpg

Here you can see the "General Tool Options" button. Pressing it will display a number of stuff, and 3 choices of user level, those being "normal" "advanced" and "experimental". For our case choose advanced. Experimental has more stuff in single player, but nothing more on the server itself.

Once that is done close the menu, disconnect from singleplayer and join the server. Once you choose precision it should look now like this: https://i.imgur.com/rKaF0rW.jpg

Notice the new option which is "Entire Contraption". That is the thing we wanted to get. Checking this box will mean that anything you do with a prop will be done to everything else that is welded to it as well. And why is this good? Two main reason: First welding becomes extremely comfortable. If you weld with precision tools "Entire Contraption" allowed you'll see what props are welded and what are not. This might sound a bit weird, so let me demonstrate. You'll notice how props that are already welded to the prop you want to weld to will go transparent (Also I apologize for any kind of weird noise I might make in the video, I'm quite sick at the moment):

So yes welding becomes extremely easy and handy, as you can see if you've left anything out. Be aware that this transparency can be seen by anyone so if you're welding your base and there are entities inside everyone will be able to see them.

The other thing it is good for is moving props together. You might want to push a bit on your whole base, or pull it a bit down, and that is possible. Two things to notice here before you try it: If you do it with % enabled the push/pull will be as strong as the prop's length on the given side. So the whole thing will be pushed much further if you push at a prop that is longer. Second thing to notice is that the server is made in a way that props can't really go outside into the void. Some places they can, and really everywhere they can a little bit, but if you try to push a contraption somewhere, and a prop would go into the void, that prop won't move, but everything else that won't go in the void will. You can see how that can go real bad real fast.

Anyhow, example on how it works:

Hope this will be useful for at least some people. Enjoy.