Easiest way to create Weapon Skins

NightBlade

forumlogo.png.10b97a1602ddf4ad221fd9f97e

What I am going to show you today is one of the ways you can create weapon skins, this method I have used may be time-consuming but is one of the most accurate ones I have been using. If you are wondering what the outcome could be while undertaking this method then this is how mine turned out. So let's get started.

Disclaimer: You will need photoshop for this method to work, there are cracked versions you can get but that's up to you; 

Please be sure to save it constantly to avoid losing your progress.

So, firstly you will need to open the weapon templates that are given from the folder sent by roast, if you are not sure where that is click this link and follow the instructions listed. Once you have done that you will need to research the images that you want to use. Once you have done that you will need to get that image onto the template, if you are unsure how to copy and paste images over then please follow these instructions below.

With the image, you want the press Ctrl + A on your keyboard, this will select the entire image.

087c9f0c61061a5e9447bd11556bbd63.png

Once you have done that, press Ctrl + X. By doing this will remove the image, from here you are able to close that image down if you want. When you have done this, go back to the weapon template and paste the image there, for those who don't know how to do this press Ctrl + V. Note: You may need to resize the image.

0482a262d7c0adf3b29ed6e3eda7fa6f.png

After you have the image where you want (you can turn down the 'Opacity' to see what part the image is covering but be sure to turn it back up afterwards) you will need to add a mask. To do this, you will have to click this button which can be found at the bottom right-hand side of your screen. It is important you still have the image selected as this will not work.

e4fa4125ff420c6912b103ae50601f1c.png

When you have added the mask, press Ctrl + I which will make the image invisible, from there you will be able to use the 'Pen' tool which can be found in the image below if you are unsure where that is.

96ec2ae6ead0414072dc441681f024a2.png

From there, you must zoom in by holding down Alt and scrolling in with your mouse wheel. You will need to do this until all particles move into 4x4 squares. To move the image you can use the moving bars on the right and bottom hand-side of the screen.

e7015a37a7a96d90da03101db2c375f6.png

All you need to do is follow the image correctly and selecting the edges of squares where the image is covering. If you make a mistake you can erase that by clicking 'edit' and selecting 'step backwards'. You will need to click the particle of where you left off because if you don't it will create a new layer.

After you are done tracing the image you will be able to zoom out as the shape/path has already been drawn. After this right click inside the area that you have traced and click on the following option.

ab3fec9aeafbea947a1bd8d57ecb41a0.png

Once you have selected 'Make Selection' make sure you have the Feather Radius set to 0.5, you do not need to but it makes the curves more realistic (apparently from what I read)

6795fbe289d766ec5ceb4cb4e623ea5e.png

For the final stage, go back to the image that clicks the image that you are using and press Ctrl + I. After this you have made the image a part of the weapon template but you are still able to move it so please be careful. What you could also do is merge the two layers by holding Ctrl and clicking both images (including the shape/path), then pressing right click and select 'Merge Layers'.

4973583e786258273a113e43867a7a3c.png

If you have any questions or are confused please feel free to send me a PM @NightBlade or leave a comment down below but please be sure to tag me in it.