Updated Job Rules List

D34THC47

Boney can raid the bank tho and also Fatman joe can build on the streets 

I like what you have done here but some of these are wrong 

I would go to the store page itself and look at the custom job info from that but like I said this is really helpful but some things need to be changed 

Edited by Florian
edit by florian due to quoting the WHOLE thing
2 minutes ago, Cіtizen said:

Exile can't do hits BTW 

Also I’m sure parkour and stealth raider can base as where would they put money printers and shit like that unless they destroy it but chances are new players wanna keep that stuff 

Correct me if wrong 

2 minutes ago, Immersel said:

Also I’m sure parkour and stealth raider can base as where would they put money printers and shit like that unless they destroy it but chances are new players wanna keep that stuff 

Correct me if wrong 

Also Soldier can raid bank and I’m sure Baldy can too 

Grea job doing this @D34THC47 , I love having it all neat and piled up but some corrections please let me. For some of these I asked @DC  to make sure, but some I just generally don't know where you got. If you asked a senior staff than its fine otherwise I'll write down what I think is not good, either from a language standpoint (excuse that for the English teacher please) or from a rule standpoint (please note I only wrote down the points which I found problematic from either of the aformentioned POVs) (// means my comment):

Citizen
  • Note: citizen is a base job that is a placeholder until you have spawned or are AFK. // this is not needed
  • You can base.
Mayor
  • You can add/remove laws. These must be reasonable and not break any server rules. (e.g. purges are forbidden)
  • You can authorise civil protection to build checkpoints (do not block doorways or the spawn tunnel).
  • You cannot build on the streets.
  • You can accept warrants with a valid reason.
Civil Protection
  • You must arrest people rather than killing them.
  • You must give 10 seconds of warning before arresting/killing someone unless they pull out a weapon/are shooting people/are wanted/etc.
  • You must follow the Mayor's orders as long as it has a valid RP reason behind it.
  • You must have a valid reason to arrest/warrant/want someone (e.g. hear printer , or see them commit a crime). // as far as I'm aware seeing printer sparks thorugh a wall is metagaming. This is the same reason why abusing third person to look into someone's house and warranting them on that basis is metagaming. You SHOULDN'T be able to do that.
  • You cannot raid with criminals.
Gangster/Mob Boss
  • You cannot mug/raid/kidnap solo, you must be in a group with other gangsters (1 or more).
  • You can mug for a maximum of £10,000.
  • You can only raid the PD to break someone out and you must have a mobbos with you.
  • You can kidnap.
Terrorists
  • All operations/activities must be planned in the agenda.
  • All operations/activities must be carried out with a group of at least 2 terrorists.
  • You can kidnap. This must be carried out with a group of at least 2 terrorists. //Clarification on terrorists here and above just in case someone hires a hacker or so. Lot of terrors do things alone.
DJ
  • You must not be deliberately annoying.
  • You can build a venue, on the streets, of reasonable size. (rasonable size is determined by staff).
Hacker
  • You can raid but only with your employer. You cannot scam your buyer, you must raid with them for the agreed price. // we don't need "until your next life" as people will abuse it, e.g. kill themselves, and such. They know this means until the raid is attempted, or should know if they are not complete idiots. 
Underground Mutant
  • You are KOS to everyone/anyone everywhere on the map.
  • You KOS anyone who enters the underground/sewers.
  • You cannot KOS people above ground/on the surface. If you are attacked you may defend yourself.
Hobo
  • You can base on the streets anywhere on the map except admin areas. (Admin areas: roof at the spawn, two roofs at the fountain area)
  • You can have entities. (e.g. printers)
  • Your property cannot be excessively big, a member of staff will deem when it is too big.
  • Props can also be spammed but not abused to try and crash the server or violate the prop abuse rule. // I don't get this, the server has anti-spam, and they shouldn't really just spam props no?
Medic
  • You can build a 2x2 building on the street/own property to sell healing for no more than £10,000. Staff will deem if the size is suitable. // as far as I'm aware medics CAN NOT build on the streets, they must claim a property or join a base.
Miner
  • Note: miners are expected to mine. // I don't get this, obviously they will mine. If they aren't and someone wants the job slot they can just get demoted/reported
Hitman
  • You can build a 2x2 square shop on the street if deemed suitable by staff. // as far as I'm aware they can not.
  • You can raid bases, PD or bank IF your target is proven to be inside. // hitmen can raid anything as far as I'm aware IF they have a target inside, and they know they are.
  • You needn't advert hits as adverts are invalid other than business purposes and so there is not a reason to. // kidnaps are not business purpose
Elite Hitman
  • // Same goes here as to Hitman
Gun Dealer
  • You can self supply guns to yourself however you must be a gun dealer for at least 5 minutes to not violate the job abuse rule. // its 5 minutes, isn't it longer?
Special Arms Dealer
  • You can self supply guns to yourself however you must be a gun dealer for at least 5 minutes to not violate the job abuse rule. // its 5 minutes, isn't it longer?
Guard
  • You can base however not by yourself: you can be hired or base with others to protect the base but your name must be on the doors to defend or your job must be set accordingly. (e.g. /job Defending XY or /job W/ XY)
Private Security
  • You can base however not by yourself: you can be hired or base with others to protect the base but your name must be on the doors to defend or your job must be set accordingly. (e.g. /job Defending XY or /job W/ XY)

These are what I think are either grammatically wrong, or rule-wise. I tried to go by the MOTD, I asked some of DC as I mentioned, and from my own experiences as staff, but I'd like if a senior staff member like @Florian or @Turtle could validate the points in this updated motd.

@Xappan a lot of these were from an old document that @DC  sent to me and also from the forum post that roast posted about custom jobs and from the current MOTD Jobs list I have pieced it together from them sources.  Some things will be wrong and need updating/changing that’s why this thread was made for peoples input to get it correct.  I will address your changes once it’s been confirmed by an Admin+ / Superadmin.  Thanks again for spotting the mistakes.

3 minutes ago, D34THC47 said:

@Xappan a lot of these were from an old document that @DC  sent to me and also from the forum post that roast posted about custom jobs and from the current MOTD Jobs list I have pieced it together from them sources.  Some things will be wrong and need updating/changing that’s why this thread was made for peoples input to get it correct.  I will address your changes once it’s been confirmed by an Admin+ / Superadmin.  Thanks again for spotting the mistakes.

As long as its validated its great, and I'm quite happy with someone taking the time and effort to do this, I remember I used to have a lot of rulebreaks due to the motd not being clear on this-and-that :)
Good job once more!

39 minutes ago, Oaky said:

Since when were there restrictions on who Meth Cook/Moonshiner Brewer could base with?

I used the job list that DC sent to me and that was on there like I said this thread is to get a final job list together that works and everyone is happy and we publish it.

1 minute ago, D34THC47 said:

I used the job list that DC sent to me and that was on there like I said this thread is to get a final job list together that works and everyone is happy and we publish it l.

Oh that makes sense, I was away for the last week so I was just checking

2 hours ago, Oaky said:

Oh that makes sense, I was away for the last week so I was just checking

I made a large document ages ago from the old rules when they could only base with certain people. They have since been updated.

22 minutes ago, D34THC47 said:

@Xappan All your changes have been implemented anymore info you want adding/changing. :)

@Turtle @JamieB @Florian @Riph @roast @DC  Any corrections would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you guys.

Seems ok to me dude :) 

Edit: Maybe add you cannot advert terror to a terrorist to make that clear cuz people still try @D34THC47

2 minutes ago, DC  said:

I made a large document ages ago from the old rules when they could only base with certain people. They have since been updated.

is this valid then

• You can base only with other meth cooks, moonshine brewers, gangsters or mob bosses. 

with meth cooks and moonshine brewers ?