How to fix Garry's Mod on macOS Catalina (x86>x64)

Chr1ssY

This guide will show you how to fix Garry's Mod not launching on macOS Catalina (10.15)

Screenshot-2020-04-09-at-14-05-24.png

--------------------------------------

Step 1: Download Garry's Mod normally and add all the necessary content (CSS, Half-Life, etc.) 

Step 2: After you have installed Garry's Mod, right click on it in the Steam library and select properties

Step 3: In the properties tab, click on BETAS and select "x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries"

Screenshot-2020-04-09-at-14-11-32.png

Step 4: Let Garry's Mod update and, once done, verify its integrity

Step 5: Launch the game and enjoy! 

Thank you for reading this guide & I hope I helped you out.

thx @netCat for the info 

To be honest, I would just go back to use Mojave. I installed Catalina on my mac, and one thing you might not know is that a SHIT ton of programs are still 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Had to just downgrade so I could play my favourite games. Anyway, good guide. Didn't know this was a thing, so if Apple ever says "Fuck you" and forces you to update then I will use this.

Just now, Chr1ssY said:

There are many people who don't know how to downgrade, or who just want to have the newest software(like me), anyways I guess it's time to upgrade to Catalina.

Eh, you got a good point there. And for the second point, what new software does only support Catalina? Just wondering :D

1 minute ago, LoggyDogDogTV said:

Eh, you got a good point there. And for the second point, what new software does only support Catalina? Just wondering :D

I was saying the newest operating system not software, I don't think there are only Catalina based software from what I know :o