Can't join server

JEFF42

19 minutes ago, JEFF42 said:

i will restart and see what happens

@GoDofWaR solo works but i still cannot join CG even after I restart

Just now, jihad kekistani said:

same to me yo, it says something about outdated server or something and a date. maybe the server needs to be restarted because we got the new update?

Seems like it is the update. I have one queued. I have just disconnected from CG and updated it.

I have managed to re-connect to CG.

@JEFF42  @jihad kekistaniAre you launching Garry's Mod in 32 bit?

2 minutes ago, GoDofWaR said:

Seems like it is the update. I have one queued. I have just disconnected from CG and updated it.

I have managed to re-connect to CG.

@JEFF42  @jihad kekistaniAre you launching Garry's Mod in 32 bit?

no i was launching it in 64 bit, and since that doesn't work like chriss said I'm gonna do a fresh new installation and see if that works

2 minutes ago, jihad kekistani said:

I managed to get in too, for a few seconds and it just crashed again, same happen to you?

I have the same issue now, sometimes it connects and then crashes after a few mins/seconds, and sometimes it crashes on the "Ready To Play" state.

https://streamable.com/r1tajs

This seems to be an issue relating to the recent update.  Most likely can only be solved by restarting the server and updating to the latest server version.

6 minutes ago, jihad kekistani said:

Got an idea as to when we might get that restart? Almost 3.5 hours since the update...

The CG Server restarts every day at 6am (UK Time). It should automatically update during the process.

Apparently, some facepunch devs are aware of the surge in crashes and it is being take care of. 

After testing and speaking with others, I can confirm the issue only occurs if you have 64-bit or Chromium Beta installed.

To remove it (without uninstalling Garry's Mod), go to your Steam Library, Right click on Garry's Mod, click Properties. then in the Beta tab select None. it will show you an update is available. once its updated, it should all work @jihad kekistani.

image.png.2e2bf8479df47fb34e9d242217e70477.png

1 hour ago, GoDofWaR said:

After testing and speaking with others, I can confirm the issue only occurs if you have 64-bit or Chromium Beta installed.

To remove it (without uninstalling Garry's Mod), go to your Steam Library, Right click on Garry's Mod, click Properties. then in the Beta tab select None. it will show you an update is available. once its updated, it should all work @jihad kekistani.

image.png.2e2bf8479df47fb34e9d242217e70477.png

too bad you can't watch tv's anymore