The skill rebuy glitch has gotten me into a bad state.

GammaSmack

Im in need of help, after I made the bug report about the skill point issue Im still screwed. I have a bunch of lost skill points and nobody to ask help from. If somebody higher up can either reset every one of my skills or refund me the points, I would be in your debt. If you need to crunch the numbers I can also provide my steam account for proof. Im desperate.

I put this here because I have no idea where else to put it.

15 minutes ago, GammaSmack said:

STEAM_0:0:420169339

I bought the first tier of mega weed plant 3 times. Thanks for looking into this ♥️

Its a client side issue, if you relog you should see your skill points back. Ive checked the database and you have no duplicates.

45 minutes ago, roast said:

Its a client side issue, if you relog you should see your skill points back. Ive checked the database and you have no duplicates.

Thanks for the insight.  But this happened a LOOONG time before i made that bug report :/ idk how the database works but i assume it has some date system integrated in. Im sorry if this seems rude but this is just so youd know.

2 hours ago, GammaSmack said:

Thanks for the insight.  But this happened a LOOONG time before i made that bug report ? idk how the database works but i assume it has some date system integrated in. Im sorry if this seems rude but this is just so youd know.

It doesn't matter how long ago this took place. If you bought a skill twice, and it actually deducted the skill points on the back end then there would be 2 duplicate entries for the skill under your steamid in the database. The only situation where it wouldn't save it to the database is if it was down/having issues then server died not allowing the queue of queries to execute. Lets say this was the case, then how would the skill points be deducted from the database? Its not possible. Its very common that it shows you buying them on the client side (within the UI) and showing a deduction of skill points (again on the UI) but only on the client side/UI. Re-logging would of set the UI back to normal.

You know if you buy the same skill twice it makes it go up tier?

I have also just read this topic you created:

Saying your skill points and challenges don't add up which is "proof" something went wrong. I have gone through your skills and added them up which total around 535 skill points. I then calculated all your skill points earned from challenges and it was not above this number. So there is no proof there that you are missing skill points. Also on that topic QA accepted and have confirmed to me it is only client side.

23 minutes ago, roast said:

It doesn't matter how long ago this took place. If you bought a skill twice, and it actually deducted the skill points on the back end then there would be 2 duplicate entries for the skill under your steamid in the database. The only situation where it wouldn't save it to the database is if it was down/having issues then server died not allowing the queue of queries to execute. Lets say this was the case, then how would the skill points be deducted from the database? Its not possible. Its very common that it shows you buying them on the client side (within the UI) and showing a deduction of skill points (again on the UI) but only on the client side/UI. Re-logging would of set the UI back to normal.

You know if you buy the same skill twice it makes it go up tier?

I have also just read this topic you created:

Saying your skill points and challenges don't add up which is "proof" something went wrong. I have gone through your skills and added them up which total around 535 skill points. I then calculated all your skill points earned from challenges and it was not above this number. So there is no proof there that you are missing skill points. Also on that topic QA accepted and have confirmed to me it is only client side.

Im very sorry about this ill try to learn from my own mistakes in the future. Sorry for using up so much time. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. To tell you the truth this happened many months ago and I genuinely thought I had missing skill points. Very sorry again.

• roast locked this topic