EASY/Simple Guide to Fading door/Keypads for new players

jtwepiczombie

There are 2 tools you will need to make a fading door into your base

1. Keypad Tool

2. Fading door tool

STEP 1

Spawn the prop you want as a fading door, I would suggest either models/props_building_details/Storefront_Template001a_Bars.mdl or models/props_wasteland/interior_fence002b.mdl

Position the 3 props in the place you want the door as you are allowed 3 of these fading doors in your base and 1 if your a hobo.

THESE PROPS NEED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES:

Fading doors must not have a size smaller than storefront_template001a_bars.mdl

Entrances must fit two people side by side and infront/behind

STEP 2

Once you have the layout of your fading doors while making sure you have a building sign on your door (No F4 Entities to be inside the base with a building sign) - I no colide the 3 doors you want to be a fading door as it is easily to access them.

Open the Q menu and on the right hand side select the fading door tool, you don't need to worry about options in this menu just make sure start faded and toggle are UNSELECTED

In order to create a fading door you need a keybind for it to work, so for example if you have 3 fading doors I use Numpad 1, 2 and 3. So where it says Fade in the menu click it and press Numpad 1 then left click the prop you want to be a door now if you click Numpad 1 the prop should disappear for 4 seconds and reappear.

Do this for each door except change the fade number to a different key for each door.

YOU'RE HALF WAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEP 3

Now press the Q menu and on the right hand side click the keypad tool, IT LOOKS CONFUSING BUT TRUST ME IT ISNT

On the top line it says ACCESS PASSWORD - CHANGE THIS TO WHATEVER 4 DIGIT PASSWORD YOU WANT

SECURE MODE - Means when you type the numbers in you won't be able to see them on the keypad (I WOULD SUGGEST TICKING THIS)

WELD AND FREEZE - Basically keeps them in place which I always just keep ticked

ACCESS GRANTED KEY - This is the key in which you set your fading door in the last step so if it was NUMPAD 1 change this to NUMPAD 1 

The fading doors will automatically stay open for 4 seconds so in the next option of hold length - you can either change to 4 or leave.

NOW Place 2 keys either side of the door 

REPEAT THIS STEP FOR ALL 3 DOORS JUST REMEMBERING TO CHANGE THE ACCESS GRANTED KEY FOR EACH FADING DOOR AND These should work

UNNOCOLIDE THEM and test your code

Make sure you follow these rules with fading doors:

The max fading doors linked to keypads/entrances per base is 3.

You may not use your keybinds to open your fading doors.

Delay must be 0 on entrances

A few tips 

If you go to the bottom of the Keypad tool you will see ID Settings - These allow for different types of players to access your keypad

Prop share players - Allows people who you share props with to use your keypads

Friendly Gangs - Allows people who are in friendly gangs with to use your keypads

Friendly Players - Allows people who you select on friendly players with to use your keypads

Civil Protection - If you build a base in PD as a CP you can have a base to make it harder to raid so allows all CP access.

If anyone has any other information I can add please comment below ;)