Unwritten/Unclear rules guide (Last updated 30/05/2022 - 3:45 AM GMT)

Greywind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building

Specifics to visibility rules. For visibility, one should consider the following. In a base both attacker and defender should be able to see the following (HEAD)(UPPERBODY)(SHOULDERS) This will ensure that there is enough of their body venerable to ensure there are no head glitches or any other forms of defences (as listed in the rules) which give an unfair advantage)

When shooting someone the following body parts must be visible, meaning no foot shooters, or any defences which would allow you too shoot someone while not being seen. (So as stated no glow or solid materials on fences are allowed.

When building a base "Turns" for the base entrance begin at the first world door and end at the last fading door + the first of any defences beyond the fading doors, for example a defences wall from which people shoot from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiding/raids

One rule which often misunderstood would be distance in defending a base from the outside. To better understand I will give you an example. (example)

For defending a base you need to show that you're allied to the owners o the building in some way. This can be done via co-ownership of the building door, gang affiliation or alliance through the /job With (name) function

You must not kill prisoners in the pd during a raid. All who are in the pd during a raid are subjected to being killed with the exception of prisoners, they're off limits and killing them will be classed as RDM. (The only exception would be if they attack and damage you)

Turf wars

One rule which often misunderstood would be distance for engaging someone on turf. To better understand I will give you an example. (example)

You cannot conduct roleplay actions on turf / anyone involved or near turf given it would be considered an unfair advantage and would go under exploiting examples.
This is some what listed though I will further specify that anyone near / on turf who are able and aim to partake in turf should only be doing actions involve and allowed within the turf event.

When turf is active on the sand island, the entire island is considered the turf zone and therefore those who are on the island, can be killed by people defending turf. Bare in mind they must be fully on the island, not in the water and you may only attack / defend again a person when their upper body and and above is visible (much like base rules of visibility)

Jobs

Only swat snipers have swat sniper rules, given custom jobs can no longer posses this trait. 

Civilian protection: During lockdowns, you're not allowed to AOS all on sight during a lockdown with the instant of it being initiated. You must give fair warning to all civilians to get into their homes and should they not comply, you may then arrest them. 

Underground mutants are not to be arrested and must be killed on sight instead. Arresting a mutant will be classified as invalid and therefore will be deemed random arrest given they're sewer monsters, which cannot obey the law given their nature.

Other

Prisoners may kill eachother in the cell, given it enhances roleplay. This is not stated in the rules and is sometimes misunderstood (Some believe it to be RDM) when in fact it's fully valid. 

Spawn is an RP zone, therefore you're not except from being subject to roleplay actions (for example, you may be arrest for holding weapons out if laws state open carry is illegal.

Within the police department, the first room (reception must be accessible to all players and cannot be subjected to KOS/AOS when accessing that area, only passed the second world door, not fading door.

If you have any additional information you can go to and submit any unspoken information here. If there is any information you do not agree with on this list, please state so bellow by quoting and giving a -SUPPORT

I will be adding additional information as time passes.

16 hours ago, Silly Little Monkey Gavin said:

It wasn’t solely for punching Rhys :wub: but the initial mrb ban was for fighting in the the jail cells 

Damn. Throughout my playtime on this server, I've never been punished, provided punishment or witnessed a punishment for players fighting to the death in the RP jail. 

I have seen punishments dished out when a non-arrested player goes into the RP jail and decides to fight or shoot the arrested players. But if you've been arrested and decide to punch your cellmate - I have never known that to warrant an RDM punishment.

Maybe this is something that the senior staff need to clarify, this thread clearly shows a confusion on the matter.

12 hours ago, Jomano said:

I literally never knew this until i was jailed for doing it like a month back

I've always thought that it's allowed for prisoners to kill eachother and for the prisoners to punch the CP when they have the chance. Why else would you be given fists (doubt it's solely to open the vent and escape).

But it would be RDM for CP to just shoot the prisoners (without the prisoner having hit them first).

But I guess it's a gray area and this thread is supposed to clear that up.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:19 PM, SYMMIJ said:

Prisoners can fight each other with the fists, there's not an issue with that. As mentioned above its the reason they're given fists in the first place, they also don't lose anything.

then why have i been jailed for it :( 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, SYMMIJ said:

Prisoners can fight each other with the fists, there's not an issue with that. As mentioned above its the reason they're given fists in the first place, they also don't lose anything.

Their health stays low when they get returned though so you might want to fix that.

• Greywind changed the title to Unwritten/Unclear rules guide (Last updated 30/05/2022 - 3:45 AM GMT)