IGM reset?

Artix

52 minutes ago, CasualWorks said:

Well, it could be due to an Integer Overflow where a numerical value (In this case your on hand money) wraps around to a lower number due to not having a valid value to increase to.

My guess as to the maximum amount you can carry would be 4,294,967,295 Pounds, if it was stored in an 8-bit register.

if it's around the 2 billion mark as it seems to be from people whove lost their cash after going past 2 bil, it should be the 32-bit signed integer limit (same one as the runescape one) which is 2,147,483,647 pounds

46 minutes ago, Artix said:

Lmao so if someone sends me enough cash to hit the overflow I'll lose the money and no compensation? ?

In theory, yes. There’s no reason to have that much money. A way around it would be giving the extra money to someone else as a “bank” or something but realistically there’s no need for anything over 1 million nowadays except from buying custom jobs.

I’m sure @Slayer @15inb or someone else from QA+ can confirm this so then it saves the confusion. 

56 minutes ago, Artix said:

Lmao so if someone sends me enough cash to hit the overflow I'll lose the money and no compensation? ?

make an alt and send some of the money there so this cant happen, also i highly doubt someones just gonna send u around 200m so u lose all of ur money :) 

2 minutes ago, vice said:

so he spent hours doing like ~20m to ~40m gambles and consistently getting mathematically near-impossible luck, i dont think the ppl with more than around 150m would do flips for that large of an amount

I don't gamble that much he probably has some insane gambling big brain skills

6 hours ago, amfetamiin said:

if it's around the 2 billion mark as it seems to be from people whove lost their cash after going past 2 bil, it should be the 32-bit signed integer limit (same one as the runescape one) which is 2,147,483,647 pounds

Do you know if you lose it instantly or after reset? Because I had my 2.270 billion before the 6AM reset and it didn't get wiped after reset also.

5 minutes ago, Artix said:

@roast Do you have any information about this so I don't have to worry about the limit? Right now I have to give money to other people so they can hold it for me.. ?

When you hit the limit, it goes back to 0 as soon as you rejoin. The limit should be 2147483647 but if you supposedly had 2.2b and it didn't reset then it's probably around 2.3b as that's roughly how much Nino had before he had to spend it.

Just now, Toast said:

When you hit the limit, it goes back to 0 as soon as you rejoin. The limit should be 2147483647 but if you supposedly had 2.2b and it didn't reset then it's probably around 2.3b as that's roughly how much Nino had before he had to spend it.

Oh, so it didn't go down to 0? It just wouldnt accept more money into the account?