Tips for DarkRP

Guest DelCampino

Guest DelCampino

Here are some basic tips that you might be able to use on the server!

Tips for beginners:

1. Here are some basic defenitions for DarkRP:

-RDM: Random Death Match -> you cannot shoot someone without any reason.

-NLR: New Life Rule -> When you die,you must forget the last 5 minutes of your previous life and may not return to the place you died for 3 minutes.

-FDA: Fading door abuse -> opening and closing a fading door to shoot someone or stop them from picklocking. (You are allowed to shoot this way if you have a button!)

-KOS* : Kill on sight.

-AOS: Arrest on sight

- /ooc or // : Out of character -> Use this command to talk to everyone on the server out of character.

- /w [Person] : Whisper -> Use this command to whisper to a person

- /y : Yell -> Use this command to yell,more people in the area will hear you.

- Press u or /g -> Everyone who has the same job as you can hear you.

2. Want to shoot people on your property? Place a KOS* line,when they cross it you are allowed to eliminate them.

3. In the F4 menuyou can choose a job,find ammo,items for your job and a camera**.

4. You can place a camera** outside your base! Place a terminal inside,press e and watch the streets.

5. Any police force has 3 sticks.

Green = Unarrest-Stick: This will unarrest you

Red = Arrest-Stick: This will arrest you

Blue = Stun-Stick: This will stun you.

6. You can shoot trough any kind of fence. Use this in your base so people don't know where to shoot. (Make sure to materialise it so you cannot see trough it!

7. You can buy cars at the car dealer near the gas station,they stay after you leave.

8. You can buy health and armor for the medic near the fountain.

9. Need heavier gear? Search for a Special Arms Dealer to buy grenades,lockpicks and keypad hackers!

10. The hacker job is able to instantly open multiple doors at once.

11. Need help cooking meth? There is a guide on the forums! (In the "Guides" subforum)

12. Use @ to contact admins!

13. When building your base,make a sign that says "Building" infront your base. People will not be able to raid you until it's removed. (You cannot own any printers or be cooking meth while you have this!)

Tips for everyone:

1. Use /cr [Message] to contact police and swat.

2. Adverting crimes is not necessary on the server!

3. When selling meth to the drug dealer,you automaticly become wanted.

4. Wanna put shipments in your inventory? Shoot the shipment and then you'll be able to pick it up.

5. The maximum fading doors a base can have is 3,but you may use additional to protect printers/items! (Like a safe)

6. Some jobs can climb over walls,make sure to protect your base to avoid this!

7. When cooking meth,you can place the pot on 2 burners to cook twice the speed!

8. Make a backup shield in your base,because hackers are able to open every fading door in your base in seconds!

9. Avoid putting printers in big bases, they have a bigger chance of being raided. Try hiding them in small,empty buildings.

10. Try and look for loot in small buildings. You never know if someone tries to hide printers somewhere!

To be continued!

Feel free to post more tips,i'll add them to the list!

Sorry if you already know alot of these things, but i hope this will help anyone!

Thanks to:

-nouieman

-Fruitel

-MrTerminator

-AgentDZ

-Busterguy

For additonal tips!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DelCampino
Awesome beginner tips for DarkRP, perhaps you should add in some ones which are even more basic for beginners who are new to DarkRP. I remember I had no idea what I was doing when I first started DarkRP and threads like these ones definitely helped me out.

Will do!

Guest DelCampino

Updated the list!

Thanks for the idea [uSER=42]@Fruitel[/uSER] and [uSER=18]@nouieman[/uSER]

This thread might need to be moved to Guides,since it's getting quite big.

Guest DelCampino
maby a helpfull tip, if you have a big base DONT store yo printers there, store them in a hidden spot where not alot of ppl pass, or you know they wont look! and that makes another tip, always look around unowned buildings! maby some nice stuff in there?
and easier ooc just type // before message not /ooc well works faster for me

Noted! Thank you!

Guest Funny

6. Use this in your base so people don't know where to shoot. (Make sure to materialise it so you cannot see trough it!)

That's not allowed. Just saying.

But great tips, even though I knew all of them :)

Guest DelCampino
6. Use this in your base so people don't know where to shoot. (Make sure to materialise it so you cannot see trough it!)

That's not allowed. Just saying.

Do you mean rule: "3.7 Raider-Defender Rule (RDR) Players who are raiding you must be able to see and shoot you when you can shoot them." ?

I meant that you can shoot trough a fence (materialized), and try and kill them . So both sides can not see the other one. Neither the defender or attacker has an advantage here.

But thank you for saying that,i didn't know of this rule,since i've seen alot of people using a combo of the one-way prop and a fence.

Correct me if i'm still wrong on this one ;)

But great tips, even though I knew all of them :)

Thank you!

Guest DelCampino
So I think this will help some ppl:

If you hav two fading doors next each others and the work under same keypad it will be counted as one door

Noted! Thank you.

Press u for group chat. Let's you talk to everyone that is the same job type as you.

Another good tip is that you can put up a building sign while building your base. This stops people from raiding but make sure you don't have printers inside as that's not allowed.

FYI, tip 13 is not allowed as then police/swat will then not be able to battering ram through if they attempt to raid your base.

Do you mean rule: "3.7 Raider-Defender Rule (RDR) Players who are raiding you must be able to see and shoot you when you can shoot them." ?

I meant that you can shoot trough a fence (materialized), and try and kill them . So both sides can not see the other one. Neither the defender or attacker has an advantage here.

You can't have solid materialised fences now. The raider needs to be able to still see where to shoot.

As the defender still has an advantage, 9 times out of 10 the space to shoot in for the defender is very small meaning that he will land more hits. Where the raider has to spray and hope for the best.

Guest DelCampino
Press u for group chat. Let's you talk to everyone that is the same job type as you.

Another good tip is that you can put up a building sign while building your base. This stops people from raiding but make sure you don't have printers inside as that's not allowed.

FYI, tip 13 is not allowed as then police/swat will then not be able to battering ram through if they attempt to raid your base.

You can't have solid materialised fences now. The raider needs to be able to still see where to shoot.

As the defender still has an advantage, 9 times out of 10 the space to shoot in for the defender is very small meaning that he will land more hits. Where the raider has to spray and hope for the best.

Thanks for the info,i did not know that! I removed the tip and added yours.