Constrained - Solution

Xappan

I think many of us faced the problem of our bases suddenly going "constrained". Constrained is a state in which the owner no longer can manipulate his/her props. (Those who can manipulate world can (admin and above)).

This is all caused by the Keypad H4CK3R tool the thieves use to crack the keypads.

There is a solution to the problem though! Its quite simple. When we build a base, if we use keypads be sure to don't weld them to ANYTHING. Let me explain:

Keypads WILL get constrained, there is nothing we can do about that. But we can preserve our props simply by not welding them to the keypad. Yeah easy right? When you place a keypad be sure to uncheck "Weld". And some might ask: "Thats nice and all, but a lot of times I do not have my props attached to the keypad, and they still get constrained."
That is true, but that is also because it is welded in a way. When you weld a keypad to a prop, and weld another prop to that prop, the keypad WILL BE welded to the second prop too, despite you not welding it to the keypad. Weld not only helps the props keep their relative positions of eachother, but sort of makes them one prop. So if you weld all your props together, and weld a keypad to one of them, it will affect ALL of them.

So simple thing you can do is:

a.) Don't weld the keypad to anything.

b.) Weld the keypad to a prop ,if you don't feel safe without it welded, that you wont need as it will get constrained.

c.) Weld the keypad to the world.

The world is the floor, the walls, basically the map itself. If you weld all of your props to the world it WILL NOT get constrained, even if the keypad was welded to the same world. (Same wall, same floor, etc.)

Think about it like electricity and the weld as a wire. If you let the eletricity in one of your props it will travel through the wires (Constraines everything), but electricity cannot travel through the ground (world).

I hope this helps some people. I'm sorry for any grammatical or lexical mistakes I might have made, my keyboard is dying.

• QuiiZ pinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, CG | Tryhard Goat said:

Xappan, you da real MVP

I don't rly know about that, because nowadays this seems to work in a different way. At the moment I'm frustrated that I cannot guess what the problem is. Though it is a good idea not to weld buttons and keypads, it could still cause it too.

• Nomad unpinned this topic