Quick Question

NightBlade

So you are RPing as swat sniper and are a roof, you then see a person with a weapon out walking around the street (you have no idea who they are or the reason for the weapon being on shown towards the suspect). Then on laws it states "Weapons are Illegal" but on the rules, it states " You must arrest people rather than killing them." but how are you supposed to arrest if you are on top of the hotel for example and they are down on the street near the fountain. I used to use a !p @ bind to warn them to hide it but that was a ULX command so there isn't really a way to warn said player, so am just bare confused of what am supposed to do because I know if I kill them they'd make a report and the staff member could say "oh your supposed to arrest". Like I dunno what do at the moment with this, so can someone please clarify what to do because the last time I just straight up shot a guy for a weapon out (it was against laws) I had nearly gotten jailed for it (though this was ages ago). 

Here's a screenshot of what I mean;

4E66E206E3F121E22605EEB1D70EE5E237749ADD

19 minutes ago, SYMMIJ said:

If they begin to shoot people with the said weapon, open fire - If not you must attempt to get to them and arrest them according to the rules, I agree it's slightly confusing but once you understand it it's alright.

Was that rule added to add rp right? If rp is the number one priority for CP job rules why would you allow a man who is clearly a threat, shoot civilians when you could take the shot? Seems a bit bonkers to allow the people in which you are hired to protect die before you can protect them

19 minutes ago, SYMMIJ said:

If they begin to shoot people with the said weapon, open fire - If not you must attempt to get to them and arrest them according to the rules, I agree it's slightly confusing but once you understand it it's alright.

This^

If they are just walking around with a weapon out, not shooting anyone, and weapons are illegal then you must approach them and arrest them.

If they are shooting others, then they are a danger to your life and other player's lives, therefore you can shoot them.

The whole AOS before KOS rule is so that people can't just minge kill players for breaking a law that doesn't put their life in danger or a law that is small. (For example, "it is against the law to bugbait CP members" - oH hE iS bUgBaItInG mE? tHaT mEaNs I mUsT sHoOt HiM - No, you arrest them, unless they are resisting arrest and running away then sure fire away if you want to as long as you have tried arresting first)

16 minutes ago, A Random Asian said:

I'd say shoot them. Take for instance if you did 'warn' them. Your life would be in danger by 'warning' them, and what stops them from just shooting you as you warn them? You have no defense and makes yourself exposed and useless to defense. I would say shooting them is the best option as then it 'eliminates' a threat without risking a valuable CP's time. 

Yeah, I get that, just sometimes when I take the shot I get brought to sits. Just dunno because a sniper is well a sniper if ya get me so they can't really warn or arrest if a dude is far away from you and you can't use (ooc) or (advert).

17 minutes ago, SYMMIJ said:

But if being on a tunnel and the dude is near the PD area, by the time I have run down he would be gone. If it's a normal cop without any sweps on top of on top of the hotel and sees a dude near fountain then by time then run downstairs they could have left the location. So it's hard to attempt to pull an arrest, I understand the shooting part though.

7 minutes ago, Obi Juan Kenobi said:

Was that rule added to add rp right? If rp is the number one priority for CP job rules why would you allow a man who is clearly a threat shoot civilians when you could take the shot? Seems a bit bonkers to allow the people in which you are hired to protect die before you can protect them

Exactly my point.

2 minutes ago, Jack Marrow said:

This^

If they are just walking around with a weapon out, not shooting anyone, and weapons are illegal then you must approach them and arrest them.

If they are shooting others, then they are a danger to your life and other player's lives, therefore you can shoot them.

The whole AOS before KOS rule is so that people can't just minge kill players for breaking a law that doesn't put their life in danger or a law that is small. (For example, "it is against the law to bugbait CP members" - oH hE iS bUgBaItInG mE? tHaT mEaNs I mUsT sHoOt HiM - No, you arrest them, unless they are resisting arrest and running away then sure fire away if you want to as long as you have tried arresting first)

But if it's a weapon on view to innocent civilians and it states on laws weapons are illegal or the dude is waving the said weapon around another swat. If I get my eyes on him and have the perfect shot then am gonna want to take it because anything can happen when a civilian has a weapon out. If I've been posted on top of the hotel am not gonna do James Bond and jump off the roof and by the time I have run downstairs, they would be gone. Bugbating is a little petty as it causes no harm to anyone but a weapon is far worse because who knows what can happen.

4 minutes ago, NightBlade said:

But if it's a weapon on view to innocent civilians and it states on laws weapons are illegal or the dude is waving the said weapon around another swat. If I get my eyes on him and have the perfect shot then am gonna want to take it because anything can happen when a civilian has a weapon out. If I've been posted on top of the hotel am not gonna do James Bond and jump off the roof and by the time I have run downstairs, they would be gone. Bugbating is a little petty as it causes no harm to anyone but a weapon is far worse because who knows what can happen.

You can't kill them unless they shoot. If you can't/don't want to get down and arrest them, then wait it out until they do shoot and take the shot. 

I understand that this prevents you from being able to do your job and protect people before a kill occurs and that it is most likely that a kill will take place, but it is either that or have CP members kill players over ever law break. 

1 minute ago, Jack Marrow said:

You can't kill them unless they shoot. If you can't/don't want to get down and arrest them, then wait it out until they do shoot and take the shot. 

I understand that this prevents you from being able to do your job and protect people before a kill occurs and that it is most likely that a kill will take place, but it is either that or have CP members kill players over ever law break. 

Doing this completely negates the purpose of CP. It's in the name for fucks sake. Civil PROTECTION. You cannot protect if you must wait. If someone is seen as a threat you do not wait. Putting this into real life. If you see someone who is holding a rifle and looks like he has a bomb strapped to his chest. Do you wait for him to shoot someone before you act? Of course you don't thats retarded

1 minute ago, Jack Marrow said:

So if the Mayor was standing out the PD and a dude walks around to the Mayor with a weapon out. No other cops have visual on this and only you do you wouldn't take the shot and possibly wait for them to shoot/kill the Mayor or to allow his life being in danger. If that's me up there then am taking the shot because it's their fault for having the weapon out.

2 minutes ago, Obi Juan Kenobi said:

Doing this completely negates the purpose of CP. It's in the name for fucks sake. Civil PROTECTION. You cannot protect if you must wait. If someone is seen as a threat you do not wait. Putting this into real life. If you see someone who is holding a rifle and looks like he has a bomb strapped to his chest. Do you wait for him to shoot someone before you act? Of course you don't thats retarded

2 minutes ago, NightBlade said:

So if the Mayor was standing out the PD and a dude walks around to the Mayor with a weapon out. No other cops have visual on this and only you do you wouldn't take the shot and possibly wait for them to shoot/kill the Mayor or to allow his life being in danger. If that's me up there then am taking the shot because it's their fault for having the weapon out.

Lmao don't come at me I'm only going off what rule is in place at the moment :lol: I'm not denying that there is a flaw in this. If they are a clear danger to others then sure fire away but until then you have to arrest first. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Marrow said:

Lmao don't come at me I'm only going off what rule is in place at the moment :lol: I'm not denying that there is a flaw in this. If they are a clear danger to others then sure fire away but until then you have to arrest first. 

This is pretty much why the tread is made, it ruins the point of sniping as swat. Yeah if on the ground maybe there is a good chance of arrest but if you are on a roof and they are on the ground the chance of an arrest is 0. Waiting will only do more damage and could lead to a civilian being harmed.

Why can't that rule be edited to this?

You must arrest people rather than killing them but if they draw out a weapon dangering the lives of civilians you may kill them.

4 minutes ago, Obi Juan Kenobi said:

What is defined as "clear danger"? 

Exactly lmao. I think the rule is flawed too. Perhaps this should be turned into a suggestion to remove it, but until then a clear danger is someone shooting at others, or I guess surrounding others or pinning them to a corner at gunpoint. 

13 minutes ago, Jack Marrow said:

Exactly lmao. I think the rule is flawed too. Perhaps this should be turned into a suggestion to remove it, but until then a clear danger is someone shooting at others, or I guess surrounding others or pinning them to a corner at gunpoint. 

I'll work on the suggestion in a bit. Was hoping this thread would kinda to it but meh.

A suggestion was made for this, this can be locked now but thank you for all the comments.