DarkRP: The Complete Guide: Tips & Tricks

DelCampino

lmxiDnql.jpg

Hello and welcome to Cloud Gaming! This guide will teach you all of the information that you will need in order to play on our DarkRP server. As this is a big project, it will be updated every once in a while with a new chapter.

Don't forget that this guide will teach you the ways of DarkRP as it is played on our CG DarkRP Server. Rules and gameplay on other servers might vary. This guide will include everything you need, from base building and making cash, to fighting crime in the city. You will find everything here!

Table of Contents:
-DarkRP: The basics and rules-
-Choosing your job-
-Making your first base-
-Making money and how to spend it- 

-Weaponry and self defense-
-Tips and Tricks-

-Tools & Equipment-
... (More to come!)

As I said, I will try and update this guide as much as I can! Starting with Basics and Rules. Our community already has a lot of wonderful guides; and if I want to integrate some, I will first ask permission to the owner of that guide and they will be credited for their help. The goal of this is that new players are able to go and enjoy the full RP experience after reading this, and minimizing the amount of rules being broken.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the guide!

nqlE90tsr.png

Some older members of Cloud Gaming might recognise this!
This is because 'Tips and Tricks' was my first guide that I created on the forums, and quickly became popular.
However, as time past, I lost control over the thread and cannot update it any longer. 

Here you will be able to find some tips and tricks made by some of the established members of Cloud Gaming. 
If you are a new player, I do recommend that you use this as a reminder for some important commands when in-game!

Tips for beginners:

1. Let's first go over the most important rules, definitions and commands:

RDM: Random Death Match -> you cannot shoot or damage someone without a valid RP reason.

NLR: New Life Rule -> After you have died, you must forget the last 5 minutes of your previous life and your may not return to the general area where you died for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

FDA: Fading door abuse -> opening and closing a fading door to shoot someone or stop them from picklocking is only allowed if you have a keypad or button that opens the fading door for 4 seconds. All keypads and fading doors must be open for at least 4 seconds.

KOS: Kill on sight.

AOS: Arrest on sight

/ooc or // : Out of character -> Use this command to talk to everyone on the server out of character

/w [Person] : Whisper -> Use this command to whisper to a person close to you.

/y : Yell -> Use this command to yell; more people in the area will hear you.

u or /g -> Everyone who has the same job as you can hear you.

/ga : Gang chat -> Use this command to speak to all of your gang members

2. Want to shoot people on your property? Under rule 3.9, you may shoot trespassers who are in the building/room that you own. You may also place a 'KOS' sign, warning people that they could get shot if they do certain things (eg. Trying to lock pick).

3. In the F4 menu you can choose a job, entities, ammo and a camera.

4. You can place a camera outside your base! Purchase a terminal and place it inside inside, press e on it and watch the streets.

5. All members of the police force have 3 sticks, they can be activated by clicking when they are out of your pocket:

• Green = Unarrest-Stick: This will unarrest someone.
  • Red = Arrest-Stick: This will arrest a law breaker.
  • Blue = Stun-Stick: This will stun someone and push them back.

6. You can shoot through any kind of fence; use this in your base for some sneaky attacks! (Make sure it's still transparent when doing so, therefore the raider can see you).

7. You can buy health and armour from the medic, which is located by the fountain.

8. Need heavier gear to do more damage to your enemies? Search for a Special Arms Dealer to buy guns, explosives, lockpicks and keypad crackers!

9. Need help cooking meth? Check the "Making money and how to spend it" Guide!

12. Use @ to contact admins if you need assistance!

Tips for everyone:

1. Use /cr [Message] to contact the police and SWAT.

2. Adverting crimes is not necessary on the server!

3. When selling meth to the drug dealer, you automaticly become wanted and the police will try and arrest you.

4. Want put large shipments in your inventory? Shoot the shipment and then you'll be able to pick it up with your 'Inventory Pickup.'

5. The maximum number of fading doors a base can have is 3, but you may use additional ones to protect printers/entities! 

6. Some jobs (such as the Parkour) can climb over walls, so make sure to protect your base to avoid this!

7. When cooking meth, you can place the pot on 2 burners to cook at twice the speed!

8. Either try making an anti-hack base or have your 3 fading doors at bigger intervals, because hackers are able to open every fading door in your base in seconds!

9. Avoid putting printers in big bases, unless they will be well guarded by others as the base may have a bigger chance of being raided. Try hiding them in small, empty buildings.

10. Try and look for loot in small buildings. You never know if someone tries to hide printers somewhere!

11. When the city has a law that includes a KOS in guns in public, the Police Force may take a sniper and be on the lookout for law - breakers.

12. Grenades are extremely useful for reaching targets that guns cannot. However, you'll need to know how to use them, so experiment a bit!

13. Make small entrances when making a base, which will prevent multiple raiders to rush in at the same time and you can also spray bullets easily.

14. Use binds to buy ammo and change jobs much faster. You can learn how to use and make binds here

The list is only short at the moment, if you have any good tips or other feedback, feel free to reply!

Version 2.0

I will also be working on a Main Page for all the guides. As Roast replied on the first guide, he will make a !help command. If everything goes to plan (still have to discuss this, not final yet) the main page will be made with fancy links to all the D:TC guides, support sections on the forums (rules,apps, etc) and maybe other guides !

When typing !help ingame, it should bring you to the main page then ;)

(Sorry i have to double reply, can't edit my previous one for some reason)

I suggest binding ammo: http://cloudgamingeu.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/3707-bind-guide/

Well, here is some of the tricks I use regularly.

• When swat or pd, get the mayor to make weapons in street KOS, then stand on a roof and shoot anyone with a gun. I recommend using an AWP for this.
  • Grenades are extremely useful, experiment with how small a gap you can get them through, they are really useful if you get it right.
  • when making base, make it so the enemy have to come through a small gap, this means you can spray into it easily.
  • Get a cloak swep and kill everyone

I suggest binding ammo: http://cloudgamingeu.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/3707-bind-guide/

Well, here is some of the tricks I use regularly.

• When swat or pd, get the mayor to make weapons in street KOS, then stand on a roof and shoot anyone with a gun. I recommend using an AWP for this.
  • Grenades are extremely useful, experiment with how small a gap you can get them through, they are really useful if you get it right.
  • when making base, make it so the enemy have to come through a small gap, this means you can spray into it easily.
  • Get a cloak swep and kill everyone

Added the binding and the first three. Strangly these all include you mass killing the entire server, but still going by the rules. Should've expected that lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

also cloak is 2op4u