DarkRP: The Complete Guide: The Basics and Rules

DelCampino

lmxiDnql.jpg

Hello and welcome to Cloud Gaming! This guide will teach you all of the information that you will need in order to play on our DarkRP server. As this is a big project, it will be updated every once in a while with a new chapter.
Don't forget that this guide will teach you the ways of DarkRP as it is played on our CG DarkRP Server. Rules and gameplay on other servers might variate. This guide will include everything you need,from base building and making cash,to fighting crime in the city. Everything you need to know is here!

Table of Contents:
-DarkRP: The basics and rules-
-Choosing your job-
-Making your first base-
-Making money and how to spend it-
-Weaponry and self defence-
-Tips and Tricks-

-Tools & Equipment-

As I said, I will try and update this guide as much as I can! Starting with Basics and Rules. Our community already has a lot of wonderful guides; and if I want to integrate some, I will first ask permission to the owner of that guide and they will be credited for their help. The goal of this is that new players are able to go and enjoy the full RP experience after reading this, and minimizing the amount of rules being broken.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the guide!

PZ2M2i4jE.png

Welcome to DarkRP! The goal of this gamemode is to roleplay. You will take part as a citizen in a small city. Mind that our server follows DarkRP,as i will explain now.

The 3 levels of RP servers:

DarkRP: You roleplay as your job and character. You are aware ofcourse that this is still a game. You follow the rules of your job and enjoy the RP experience.

Semi-Serious RP: You roleplay as your job and character. Although it's still a game,you try as much as possible to stay in character. You follow the rules and enjoy the RP experience.

Serious-RP: You are your job and character. You must watch out not to meta and break the wall between IRL and the game. You follow the rules and enjoy the RP experience.

Much like every other game,Cloud Gaming has a variety of rules. Here are some of the basic and important rules you must follow whilst you are playing the game. If you break a rule,you could face punishisment by a staff member,but make sure that you are always honest after you have broken a rule,as this will be considered and may result in a reduced punishment.

Some basic and important rules:

RDM: Random Death Match -> You cannot kill or damage someone without a valid RP reason.

NLR: New Life Rule -> When you die,you must forget your old life (excluding doors owned, your job, your friends, your cars). Do not return to your killer,and if you do meet him at some point,do not attempt to take revenge or talk about your previous life .You may not return to the general area where you died for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If you died in the spawn area NLR does not apply partially,and you must leave the area.

FDA: Fading door abuse -> Opening and closing a fading door to shoot someone or stop them from picklocking and/or keypad cracking.

FearRP: When your life is at risk,you must react realisticlly. You must try to do anything to prevent dying or getting hurt.

FailRP: You may not fail at roleplaying your character or reacting as it is a game. As an example,you must not print money as a police officer.

Jobs: You may not abuse jobs,as an example you may not switch to the "Gundealer" job to buy guns for yourself.

These were only the basic and most important rules.
I recommend you check out the full rules list by clicking here.

The Commands:

DarkRP has a lot of commands,but don't worry about that. There will only be a few you will use as a player as most other commands are used by staff members. They are a part of the game,and it would be a good idea to study them to improve your RP experience.
All the commands you see here are used in the ingame chat menu,you don't need to worry about console commands yet.

Chat types: These commands can be used before your message,and can be send to an individual or the whole server.

// or /ooc -> Global Chat (Out of Character): This chat can be seen by anyone on the server and is used to ask questions or discuss something. Do not forget that this chat is used for non-rp purposes. Links are not permitted in this chat.

/advert -> Advertising Chat: This chat can be used to advertise something and will be seen by the entire server. This chat is for RP purposes like advertising a shop or asking money for a ransom after kidnapping. This text is displayed in a yellow color.

/pm [Person] -> Private Chat: This chat can be used to message a specific person,just simply type their nickname after the command and it will only be seen by that person. Make sure there arent any people with similar names to the person you want to send the message to because they will also recieve the message.

/cr -> Police Request Chat: This chat can only be seen by Goverment jobs,and is used to request help from police officers. You will be able to see your own sent message in chat. As an example,you can use this if your car has been stolen. This text is displayed in a dark red color.

!report -> Report Chat: This command will open a menu used to report violations against server rules, questions about the sever or asking for a staff member for help.

@ -> Admin Chat: An alternative chat used to report violations against server rules and communicating between staff members. Make sure you type a valid reason (Like: X RDM'd me,could you please help?) so the staff member knows whats going on. If staff do not come to you straight away, be patient and do not start spamming requests,or you will be punished. This text is displayed in a lime green color.

/broadcast -> Broadcast Chat: This chat is only available to the mayor. This can be used to announce new laws or important issues. Everyone in the server will be able to see it. This text displayed in a red color.

Missing a command? Press F1 ingame to look at all of them!

The Main Menu (The F4 Menu)
The F4 menu can be accessed as you might have guessed it,by pressing the F4 button ingame. Remember this, as it will be a menu that you will use alot in other darkRP servers. The menu is split up into 4 tabs.

The Command menu
pR_5lcc.png

In this tab,you will be able to see all of the available commands that you have. Commands may be added when you change job or leave a job.

The Jobs Menu
Q334tkK.png

In this tab,you will be able to choose a job that fits you. When hovering over a job,you can see the general rules and main goals of that job on the right side. You can also see the tools you will be getting once you are to become this job. Some of the jobs on this menu may be locked due to the fact that they are for donators only,or for staff only.

The Entities tab
7iuy_7G.png

In this tab you will see all the available entities you can buy.You can check their price by hovering over them. These will be spawned infront of you once you buy them. Most entities can only be picked up by a gravity gun. This menu will change once you are a specific job,for example,if you are a gundealer you can buy your guns here.

The Gang Menu

Without a gang:
H_ktHbl.png

In the last tab,you will be able to find all gang info. Here you can create,manage and upgrade your gang as you wish. You can check the top 10 gangs on the right of your menu. You can get in the top 10 by increasing your gang's net worth.

This is calculated from all the wallets from your gang members.
Owning a gang gives you an oppertunity to make a name for yourself on the server.
You can invite a certain amount of people in your gang, so make sure you have the best crew!

You can ask possible members for money before they join.
Owning a crew does cost some money, but upgrading it is even more expensive!
Upgrading your gang will unlock certain stuff for your gang. From weapons to extra slots.
To upgrade your gang, simply press the "Level Gang" button and select a level.
(You need to unlock a level before you can unlock the next!)

Gang Upgrades:

Level 1: Spawn with an unarrest baton | Cost: £750.000

Level 2: Spawn with 50 armour | Cost: £4.500.000

Level 3: Unlock a Special Printer | Cost: £7.000.000

Level 4: Unlocks a custom model | Cost: £10.000.000

Level 5: Spawn with a Tommy Gun | Cost: £14.000.000

Level 6: Unlock 5 extra gang member slots | Cost: £15.000.000

Level 7: Spawn with a Keypad cracker & Lockpick tool | Cost: £16.000.000

The Tab menu (The scoreboard)
yozwHP9.png

This tab you can find by holding tab on your keyboard.
Here you will find a full list of players and their current job.
Further more info can be seen when clicking on their name, with extra commands for staff.

The CloudGaming DarkRP Map

P_rpl-ObH.png

Version 3.2

Please note the NLR part where you stated that there's only the past 5 minutes of your life that has to be forgotten.

2.2 New Life Rule (NLR) – When killed, unless specifically ‘voided’ by an administrator, you must forget details of your previous life (excluding doors owned, your job, your friends, your cars), and not return to the area in which you died until the timer has reached zero.

It's infact your whole past life and everything it containes.

Due to the 20 max image limit,i cannot post the next chapter. It will be delayed until a further solution is found.

A fast solution would be splitting up each chapter into a thread,but this may not be possible due to the acces of a !help command to a single thread.

All chapters will be split up in different threads for now. You can acces each one by clicking on them in the Table of contents.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0

Update log:

• All grammar mistakes have been fixed by the guide editor [uSER=70]@Gibbo10[/uSER]

Version 2.1

Update log:

• Replaced awful title by new one in all 4 guides
  • Fixed all hyperlinks and updated table of contents in all guides

Version 2.2

Update log:

• Fixed all hyperlinks and updated table of contents

So many updates! As I've said before, thank you for being dedicated! This will give new players guidance when starting off in CG Dark RP.

You never fair to impress me.

I will code a !help command.

Roast, the current guides are finished. I will be making a main page soon, this will include links to all the guides and more. It will basicly be a help page for players that will include links to:

• All my DarkRP:TCG Guides
  • Other usefull guides from CG members
  • Support threads (Rules, Appeal, etc..)
  • More can be added that you wish.

All links will be made into small (or large for more important) fitting images that can be clicked to go to their page. If you have time (Because i know you are working hard on the new systems for the server), can you make the !help command that will go to this page? (thats is if you like the idea of course)

Thanks for the help! If you want more links to other stuff to be included, just PM with the details ;)