Programming/Coding Advice

DelCampino

Hello!

I've always been impressed by coding and programming, so i really want to learn it myself.

But i seem to have a few problems, that being i don't know where to start.

My goal is to create a project and continue to practice and work on for a long time. Maybe a tiny game or something?

Anyway, i have a few questions i hope anyone could help me with.

1. What language would be the best to begin with?

2. What software should i use?

3. Is there any good online courses to learn this?

4. What should i start with? A tiny game, program,..?

Would love to one day know how to do all of this ^^

Thanks in advance!

~DelCampino

Hello!

I've always been impressed by coding and programming, so i really want to learn it myself.

But i seem to have a few problems, that being i don't know where to start.

My goal is to create a project and continue to practice and work on for a long time. Maybe a tiny game or something?

Anyway, i have a few questions i hope anyone could help me with.

1. What language would be the best to begin with?

2. What software should i use?

3. Is there any good online courses to learn this?

4. What should i start with? A tiny game, program,..?

Would love to one day know how to do all of this ^^

Thanks in advance!

~DelCampino

If I was you I wouldn't look into what language you would be the best to begin with, but what do you want to achieve?

If you want to make a game, it doesn't make sence to learn HTML/PHP, If you want to make a website, it doesn't make sence to go edit LUA / Java codes.

Now, firstly tell what you want to achieve, also YouTube is a good friend to check things out. I love coding and do it myself ;)

If I was you I wouldn't look into what language you would be the best to begin with, but what do you want to achieve?

If you want to make a game, it doesn't make sence to learn HTML/PHP, If you want to make a website, it doesn't make sence to go edit LUA / Java codes.

Now, firstly tell what you want to achieve, also YouTube is a good friend to check things out. I love coding and do it myself ;)

Thanks for your response Ping!

I want a bit of both worlds, but mainly making an actual program or game. Something that people can use for a goal ^^

I'll learn a bit of HTML afterwards, as i know some basics of it already.

I'll also search YT for a bit.

Thanks for your response Ping!

I want a bit of both worlds, but mainly making an actual program or game. Something that people can use for a goal ^^

I'll learn a bit of HTML afterwards, as i know some basics of it already.

I'll also search YT for a bit.

If you need any help further add me on Skype (pm your Skype over the forums and Ill do)

If I was you I would indepth into Java and PHP, as PHP is easy to learn and looks like LUA, now. for fact, Java is a bitch ass to learn and don't expect it will be easy, but it is the main used in games and apps :P

I would strongly recommend learning C language as your first, its pretty hard but when you manage to learn it then you can pretty much learn any programming language with ease as most of them are based of it (python, c++, javascript etc). By software im assuming you mean what to write the code in, and i would use either notepad++ or visual basic but the second option might be a bit hard to start off with. To actually learn i would watch youtube videos teaching you the basics of C and what i usually do is just change stuff in the code and see what it does.

Hope this helps!

I would strongly recommend learning C language as your first, its pretty hard but when manage to learn it then you can pretty much learn any programming language with ease as most of them are based of it (python, c++, javascript etc). By software im assuming you mean what to write the code in, and i would use either notepad++ or visual basic but the second option might be a bit hard to start off with. To actually learn i would watch youtube videos teaching you the basics of C and what i usually do is just change stuff in the code and see what it does.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Supa! Nice advice, i'll learn C first and will practice in notepad++ ^^

Python is an easy language. I use it with Raspberry Pi. Very awesome, as i can for example have alot of control with my Raspberry Pi. You can even install Lua on it (If you have internet)

How ever, Lua is an awesome, small language. It is easy to learn, if you need to make fast scripts.

You can even use Lua for other buisness, not only Gaming.

Oh and: C is an good language, but i would start with Python, as it has an awesome power (Google and NASA use it) and its goddamn easy.

If you are an noob, Start with Scratch and make an XXX game.